Contemporary Cataract Surgery
and Presbyopic Implants
Dr. Hofer has practiced comprehensive ophthalmology in Eau Claire and Menomonie at Chippewa Valley Eye Clinic since 1988. He has been performing laser refractive surgery since 1998, Dr. Hofer founded the first laser refractive center in western Wisconsin in 2002 having performed over 15,000 laser refractive procedures. He was was among the first surgeons in the US to perform all blade free LASIK using the Intralase laser. He has participated in medical mission work in Poland where he trained surgeons in the technique of corneal transplantation.
- member of the AMA
- Board certified member of the American
- Academy of Ophthalmology
- a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- a member of the American College of Refractive Surgeon
- a member of the International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- a member of the Wisconsin State Medical Association.